- The SJMS accepts submissions provided that, at the time of submission, the article had not submitted, considered or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- The Authors should assign one of them as “a corresponding author” to contact “SJMS” for all aspects related to the publication process.
- When a new article will be submitted, it will be checked by editor in chief. Then forwarded to one of the associate editors or passed directly to peer reviewers. This will be based on the principle editorial criteria of originality and signficance.
- The corresponding author will be notified about the first decision within one month from the time of submission. The whole process will be completed through the online submission system.
- The first editorial decision will be one of the following:
- Asking authors to do changes in their manuscript to be in line with the “SJMS” guidelines
- Select and send article for peer review
- Desk rejection
- When the manuscript assigned to peer review and the process had been completed. The decision may be
- Asking the authors to respond to peer reviewers’ recommendations and complete the publication process.
- Reject article and notify corresponding authors
- Direct acceptance of the article
- A second round of peer review may or may not be achieved according to editorial decision and the reviewer’s recommendations.
- The finally accepted manuscripts will be sent to copyeditor, revised for format, grammar, and punctuation. Page proofs may be sent to the corresponding author for final look. Minor editing is permitted and completed by the copyeditor, provided that, it did not affect the article contents, and usually retained for abstract. In this condition, article forwarded to the corresponding author for acceptance and a response will be expected within 15 working days.